Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WIP Wednesday 9-11-13

I've had these Japanese + and x blocks for awhile now and am finally putting the quilt top together.  These are the blocks from the Believe circle at Do. Good Stitches from February that I was supposed to put together and quilt months ago.  Alas, pregnancy and motherhood and all that goes with that got in the way and I'm only now getting it done.


The new design wall I hung over the closet doors in my sewing room has definitely helped me in putting this quilt top together.  Before I had it up I had pulled the blocks out several times and tried to figure out how I would piece them together, but without being able to see them all at once I was at a loss as to what to do.  With the help of the design wall I was able to arrange them all in a way that I thought looked good.


Since the top was sort of on the small side I added a 6" border of Kona Bone.  I have a pretty blue voile fabric that I bought to back this baby, and I hope to get to that either later today or tomorrow.  I also have some pretty ambitious plans for how I'm going to quilt it, so hopefully they work out and the quilt looks good, otherwise I have no idea how I'll quilt it.


Linking up to:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...