Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Mens Wallet Tutorial

Today I have a tutorial for all of you!  (I'm not usually huge on making tutorials but I thought I'd give it a shot.  Any feedback you have for me on how I formatted my tutorial would be very appreciated!)

I always have a hard time figuring out what kind of things to make the guys in my life but one thing I always fall back on is my men's wallet.

Since Father's Day is right around the corner I thought everyone might appreciate a fun gift that takes less than a half hour to make.

Are you ready?


Before you get started here are my two cents:
Making this wallet is easiest when you use a double-sided fabric such as Duck canvas or solar umbrella cloth since you don't need to fuss with fusing a second piece onto the main piece (skip steps 2-5), but if you want to use a printed fabric you'll need to follow all steps.

I don't recommend using any fabric lighter than home decor weight cotton.  If you choose to use something lighter I heavily recommend using a fusible interfacing on the back side of the fabric to give it extra stiffness.

Ok, enough of my two cents.  Time to start making a wallet!







The finished wallet has two large pockets on the outside perfect for holding reciepts, business cards, or whatever a guy carries in his wallet.  The inside of the wallet has 4 slots for holding credit cards and IDs, and the top of the wallet opens with a space for holding cash.


This wallet is especially nice for guys who don't like having a big bulky wallet, and the way the cards are laid out allows the wallet to bend with the curve of a butt when a guy goes to sit down.

If anything in the tutorial is unclear please let me know and I'll fix it.  I hope you enjoy making this!

Open Men's Wallet
Standing Men's Wallet
Back of Open Men's Wallet

-Stephanie


Plum and June Sew Happy Geek Fresh Poppy Design

p.s. I'm linking up this tutorial with a few linky parties.

11 comments:

  1. came by via sew happy geek - love the wallet! I think it would be great for teens too, they seem to have all sorts of gift cards from grammas and your little wallet might be great for keeping those cards in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming from Sew Mondern Monday - I love it! I would totally use it myself, speaking of which I really need a wallet - my purse is a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial and I live the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cool! I love the fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. popped by from Manic Monday Linky Party/Sew Modern Monday and think this is a great little tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our range of mens wallet and bags including mens rucksacks, holdalls and record bags. Buy wallets and bags for men at cheap prices from shriexports.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice article. Thanks for sharing it. ShopLFA, a leading online fashion accessories store, presenting a big collection of new designer men leather bags online in USA. Visit this link to get more details and check our products.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a debt of gratitude, thanks for the brilliant blog, about men's Wallet Tutorial. The Majority of the men are precise about wallet and wallets are the best choice for gifting men. Now you can purchase the best-Branded men’s wallet online at Lapis Bard with numerous design, styles, models and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In this particular article, you will see a summary, satisfy browse this post. Fashion

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...