Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wonky Stars Quilt

A few weeks ago I went to a baby shower for a friend who's having her first little girl next month.  When she had her boy a few years ago she and I were only really acquaintances, so I didn't make a quilt for him, but now that she and I are friends I had promised her a quilt for her girl.

I picked up an awesome fabric stack from Fresh Modern Fabric on Etsy a few months ago with the intention of getting the quilt made way in advance of the shower.  Well, fast forward to two weeks before the shower and that's when I actually started the quilt.


Since I was working full time I knew it would be a crunch for me to get the quilt done all by myself, so I enlisted the help of my good friend Rebeckah to tag team this one.  I had already decided to do stars since I seem to be obsessed with them recently, and one evening over at Rebeckah's house we sat down to wine and a movie and figured out all the dimensions and cut our fabric.

We split the fabric and each made half of the wonky stars.  I then pieces them all together into a quilt top and quilted and bound the whole thing.

It was done just in time for the shower and turned out to be super wonderful (if I can say so myself).  I think this is one of my favorites so far.

Wonky stars quilt
wonky stars quilt backing

3 comments:

  1. Stephanie, this is gorgeous! Lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is really pretty! The fabric is so nice! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, that's really pretty. It's really impressive you made that in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...